The latest issue of Eludamos: Journal for Computer Game Culture, a special issue devoted to the topic of “Digital Seriality” — edited by yours truly, together with Andreas Jahn-Sudmann — is now out! Weighing in at 198 pages, this is one of the fattest issues yet of the open-access journal, and it’s jam-packed with great stuff like:
- Patrick LeMieux on the culture and technology of tool-assisted speedrunning
- Jens Bonk on the serial structure of Halo
- Scott Higgins on the ludic pre-history of gaming in serial films
- Lisa Gotto on ludic seriality and digital typography
- Tobias Winnerling on the serialization of history in “historical” games
- Till Heilmann on Flappy Bird and the seriality of digits
- David B. Nieborg on the political economy of blockbuster games
- Rikke Toft Nørgård and Claus Toft-Nielsen on LEGO as an environment for serial play
- Dominik Maeder and Daniela Wentz on serial interfaces and memes
- Maria Sulimma on cross-medium serialities in The Walking Dead!
So what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor and check out this issue now!